As an old company (over 100 years), we take our history seriously, and we honor those who dedicated their lives to homeopathy. We often take part in ceremonies and dedications to remember those who came before us. One such ceremony was the dedication of a historical landmark honoring the “Father of American Homeopathy,” Dr. Constantine Hering, who lived and worked in Philadephia from 1800 to 1880.
Dr. Hering was the cofounder of the first medical society and first homeopathic medical school in the United States, discovering major medicines and authoring definitive texts on homeopathy during his career. He advanced the art of healing through research and education.
The landmark is placed in front of Dr. Hering’s former office in the center of Philadelphia on the north side of Arch Street between 12th and 13th Street. The landmark project itself was initiated and directed by the National Center for Homeopathy.