For Immediate Release
Contact: Mary C. Borneman, Hyland's, Inc.
Hyland’s, Inc. showcasing natural solutions for big coughs and tiny colds at ABC Kids Expo, October 14‐17, 2012
Innovative homeopathic company provides safe, effective products for all ages
LOS ANGELES (Oct. 12, 2012) – When colds strike, parents need safe, effective products on hand to reduce their family’s discomfort from seasonal illness quickly. Building on its century‐long commitment to make safe and natural homeopathic medicines readily available, Hyland’s, Inc. is bringing its natural line of baby and children’s products – including Hyland’s Baby Teething Tablets, Hyland’s Baby Cough Syrup, Hyland’s Baby Tiny Cold Tablets, and Hyland’s Cold ‘n Cough 4Kids – to ABC Kids Expo, Louisville, Ky., October 14‐17, 2012 (booth #1125).
Seasonal colds can be a real headache, and it’s hard for parents to see their child not feeling well. Not only can children infect the rest of the household, they are likely to get sick more frequently than adults, and each illness can last for a week or longer. Children average six to eight colds per year, compared to just two to four for adults, according to the American Lung Association.
Hyland’s homeopathic medicines are formulated to provide relief from the symptoms of seasonal illness:
- Hyland’s Baby Tiny Cold Tablets, for children 6 months and older, contain a safe and effective formula that is 100 percent natural. The soft tablets dissolve instantly, providing relief from the symptoms of runny nose and sneezing due to common head colds. They contain no artificial flavors or dyes.
- For children 6 months and older, Hyland’s Baby Cough Syrup is a pleasant‐tasting liquid that comes with a dosing syringe for accurate measurement and ease of delivery. Formulated to relieve the symptoms of hoarse, barking, dry and tickling coughs, this soothing syrup does not contain any aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen, pseudoephedrine or dextromethorphan.
"Finding safe medicines for babies and children is challenging for parents," says Amy Fox, vice president of product innovation at Hyland’s. "It’s important to feel confident and secure in what you’re giving your child, which is why we put so much care into the medicines we create."
Hyland’s Baby Teething Tablets have been trusted by parents to provide relief for children for over 85 years, and are the number one infant oral pain reliever in America**. They are formulated to temporarily relieve the symptoms of simple restlessness and wakeful irritability due to cutting teeth, and help reduce redness and inflammation of gums naturally.
Parents with older children aged 2 to 12 can take comfort in Hyland’s 4KidsTM line of products, including:
- Hyland's Cold ‘n Cough 4Kids naturally relieves the symptoms of the common cold. Safe for children 2 years and up, the great tasting formula works without sleepy or stimulant side‐effects, keeping parents worry‐ free when it comes to their child’s health.
- Hyland’s Sniffles N Sneezes 4Kids offers relief from sneezing and sore throat to runny eyes, runny nose and headache.
- Hyland's Cough Syrup with 100% Natural Honey 4 Kids is a powerful homeopathic formula in a 100 percent natural honey base which offers soothing relief for many different kinds of cough and chest congestion.
Unlike most traditional over‐the‐counter cold and sinus medicines, Hyland’s cold products relieve symptoms rather than suppressing them. Formulated to stimulate the body’s own defense mechanisms, they can be used to safely and effectively alleviate common cold and sinus related symptoms without diphenhydramine, dextromethorphan or phenylephrine.
Hyland’s products are available in natural food stores, chain drug stores, pharmacies, grocery stores and supercenters nationwide. For more information on Hyland’s full line of products for babies, visit www.hylandsbaby.com. For children’s and adult medicines, visit www.hylands.com. Parents are encouraged to join Hyland’s community on Facebook.
* These statements are based upon traditional homeopathic practice. They have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration.
**IRI, 12 weeks ending 9/9/2012, Infant Oral Pain Category.